I wake up early. It’s a fact. Without an alarm I am known to sleep in until about 7:30 or so (with the exception of that brief stint in high school when I could sleep until forever). When I was in college I woke up early too. It was quiet and peaceful in the morning and I could eat waffles and potato triangles and then go back to bed if needed. When I went out every Friday and Saturday in my 20s, I would get up and do yard work early the next morning. My mom and sister wake up early too. You could say that it’s a family thing because it’s really more than them, but I don’t want to leave you a laundry list of family.
- When you get started early in the day you get more done. It really is that simple. You want more hours in a day? Get up earlier.
- You have an excuse to take a nap if you get tired in the afternoon.
- Mornings are quiet and pretty. Sunrises only happen once a day. If you live in a warm climate it’s rarely stifling first thing in the morning.
- It’s a great time to run errands and work out. Stores aren’t that busy and the people who are at the gym are also go getters. Plus you can cross off all of your to dos early in the day!
- The weirdos are still sleeping. Now they might be sleeping on your favorite walking route, but sleeping is sleeping and sleeping weirdos are harmless.
- You can impress your friends and neighbors. And honestly isn’t that what it’s all about?